When you invest in a licensing opportunity with Save A Lot, you’re becoming part of a company that is focused on helping Retail Partners build their businesses with comprehensive support. We provide professional real estate guidance, the right assortment, dedicated distribution, and ongoing support.
Save A Lot’s corporate and field support teams provide licensees with the services, startup ideas, and solutions they need to position their businesses for growth and keep them on the right track. Part of our ongoing support is keeping Retail Partners in the loop with the latest grocery store industry trends.
With a market size of $758bn and nearly 68,000 businesses, the grocery store industry has been growing steadily for years and is projected to grow well into the future. Independent grocery stores are positioned amongst the highest growth in retail (7%) with only 3% of the market share. This industry has plenty of room for newcomers to thrive.
Supermarkets and grocery stores saw an uptick during the pandemic. Operators of these stores were able to expand sales by remaining open as essential businesses. In the past five years, the industry has benefited from a strengthening domestic economy, rising disposable income levels, and growing demand for premium all-natural and organic products.
As the pandemic comes to an end, it’s predicted that rising discretionary income, falling unemployment rates, and improvements in the global supply chain will continue to fuel revenue growth.
For the grocery store experience, trends that are expected to impact the industry in 2022 and startup ideas include:
- Providing extended services. As digital platforms continue to draw customers away from shopping in-store, grocery store operators will have to think of new ways to surprise and delight customers, including thoughtful touches that foster product education and discovery.
- Delivering more personalized content. Utilizing innovative retail media to become accessible across all media channels is a big opportunity to deliver personalized content to consumers. This could include curated recipes and tailored nutrition plans.
- Adopting AI technology advancements. Technology can be utilized for merchandising recommendations, store layouts, and more. AI can help operators better understand demand, forecasting, and planning, in addition to offerings, SKU count, availability, accuracy, and freshness.
- Increasing consumer proximity. By increasing the number of stores in your proximity, you can increase both brick-and-mortar and online sales. Additionally, adding local products is another way to increase proximity with fresher food and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Standing by your brand purpose. Living up to your brand promise increases consumer loyalty, awareness, and recognition. Save A Lot accomplishes this by offering market-leading low prices and giving back to the community.
Save A Lot has a vested interest in seeing our Retail Partner’s businesses grow. We understand that your success is our success, so in addition to providing the latest trends in the grocery store sector, we also provide our licensees with ongoing support resources.
Our field operations support keeps your business running smoothly with time-tested operations procedures, an efficient point-of-sale system, unit-level reporting and analytics, and inventory management, just to name a few. Our distribution support helps Retail Partners tailor their SKU selections based on the community they serve, and our dedicated distribution centers keep our stores stocked.
When you partner with Save A Lot, you can expect industry-leading support to help your business thrive.
Contact Save A Lot today to learn more about grocery store industry trends and all of the support that comes with it. #ownasavealot