As we enter 2022, industries from every sector are looking to trends as a roadmap of where to make improvements and drive revenue opportunities. The grocery store industry is no different, and after seeing nearly 3% growth per year on average for the past five years, stores that embrace advancements can continue to lead the market.
Save A Lot stands out from the competition as the nation’s leading independent discount grocery chain. We’re proud to provide unmatched value, convenience, and quality without compromise to the communities we serve, and our unique licensing opportunity is a great way to break into this booming industry with a trusted brand.
Some grocery industry trends for 2022 that are predicted to impact the industry include:
- Online sales will continue to increase. It’s expected that the online sector will grow about 5% to take 15% of retail grocery sales in 2022. As more brick-and-mortar grocers expand their online offerings, it’s forecast that online-only grocers will thin out toward the end of the year.
- At-home spending will continue to increase. With COVID, inflation, and higher restaurant prices still prevalent, consumers are expected to continue turning to grocery stores. This will also cause a growth in prepared meal services offered by supermarkets.
- Technology will impact checkout lines. Having more shoppers in-store will cause a resurgence in daily technology options for safe payment solutions like scan-and-go and smart shopping carts.
- Private label sales will increase. Grocers can boost the exposure of their own brands by utilizing digital properties.
- Micro-fulfillment centers will increase. It’s anticipated that retailers and distributors will accelerate the rollout of automated centers due to elevated online sales.
- More stores will embrace omnichannel options. As shoppers continue to adopt hybrid in-store/online shopping tactics, stores will increase the use of automated picking areas, expanded perimeters, customer pickup counters, self-serve order collection, ordering kiosks, and drive-up options.
Grocers will expand their offerings. While co-branding is not a new concept, big grocers are expected to add retail and consumer brands at an increasing rate at both digital marketplaces and store-within-a-store departments.
Become a Retail Partner with a Trusted Brand
Save A Lot knows what it takes to help our Retail Partners find success. Whether you have a background running grocery stores or no experience at all, we’ll get you up to speed on efficient and effective ways to run your store. Inexperience shouldn’t get in the way of your dream to open a grocery store!
Save A Lot has opened many stores over the years, so we have the process down to a science. Our licensing opportunity provides virtually everything you need to get started and includes many distinct advantages over the competition, like a time-tested business model and ongoing support.
We’re there for our Retail Partners every step of the way. From the beginning, we’ll assist with offering real estate guidance; a comprehensive training program; operations, distribution, and other ongoing support; a detailed operations manual, and much more.
A licensing opportunity with Save A Lot is a great way to build a thriving business and see a strong return on your investment while saving time and money along the way.
Contact Save A Lot today to learn more about grocery industry trends for 2022 and how to become a licensing partner with us.