There are a lot of options out there for opening your own grocery store licensing. It can sometimes be difficult to navigate which opportunity is the correct choice for you, but with Save A Lot, we’re upfront about why our licensing opportunity is the best grocery store model option.
Save A Lot stands out from the competition for many reasons, but one of the strongest advantages we have is our limited stock-keeping unit (SKU) strategy. Fewer SKUs allow for greater operational efficiency, higher velocity, and increased buying power.
We utilize a reduced SKU strategy of offering 3,000 SKUs. Traditional retail grocery businesses have between 15,000–60,000 SKUs in their stores. Our reduced SKU assortment provides a more efficient shopping experience for customers, allowing them to get in and out quickly, and simplifies operations for our Retail Partners.
This limited SKU strategy ties into our highly efficient business model, which helps pass along these deep savings to customers.
Our Highly Efficient Grocery Store Licensing Model
The grocery store industry has seen steady growth for years, and that steady growth is expected to continue well into the future. The Save A Lot licensing opportunity encompasses a time-tested, proven grocery store business model that’s designed to be both efficient and effective. Our business model features many advantages, including:
- Low-cost service model. Our Retail Partners run highly productive, minimally staffed stores in a smaller, cost-effective retail footprint.
- Award-winning private label brands. We’re proud to offer more than 50 high-quality, low-priced private brands that provide our Retail Partners with better margins than national brand equivalents.
- Everyday low pricing (EDLP) strategy. Through the buying power of 1,000 stores, we’re able to deliver market-leading everyday low prices.
- Neighborhood focus. At the heart of the Save A Lot brand is local community engagement. As part of our neighborhood focus, we allow Retail Partners to stock products tailored to the needs of their local community.
- World-class distribution. We operate 13 dedicated distribution centers to keep our Retail Partner’s stores stocked.
- Brand reinvestment and growth. We’ve been working on refreshing our branding, introducing fresh prototype remodels, and reinvesting capital into assistance programs.
- Retail Partner-focused business model. Save A Lot is invested in the success of our Retail Partners, and we provide numerous valuable support services.
Why Choose the Save A Lot Model?
The booming grocery store industry has been growing for years and is valued for its recession resistance. As part of the food retail industry, discount grocery stores are positioned to grow at exponential rates, and as currently one of the smaller sectors of the overall retail trade sector, there’s plenty of room for newcomers in this essential business.
It’s a great time to join our grocery store licensing opportunity. We utilize our limited SKU strategy and efficient grocery store model to ensure our Retail Partners get the most for their money while employing a simple process, industry-leading service levels, and consistently low prices.
Contact Save A Lot today to learn more about our grocery store business model and all the advantages it has to offer.