We stand out from the competition because we’re not a franchise. If you want to own a grocery store with Save A Lot, you become a licensee and Retail Partner. We specialize in value and convenience, getting customers the groceries they need quickly and at low prices.
Our time-tested business model shows our Retail Partners how to start and build a thriving business, both efficiently and effectively. We’ll not only teach you the ropes, but we’ll also support you for the life of your business. Your success is our success, so we’re invested in our Retail Partners.
How to Own a Grocery Store Business
Part of our business model is keeping things simple. If you want to know how to own a grocery store business, Save A Lot has the experience and time-tested process in place. Following our process will allow you to open your doors faster, without wasting time or resources.
First, we’ll get to know one another and review your financial and background qualifications. Then, our real estate team will help find the perfect location for your store. We’ll take the time to research your location and determine a plan for SKUs, sourcing, and other operations.
Once that’s complete, you’ll attend a Discovery Day, where you can meet our leadership team and get to know our company better. During the construction phase, we’ll provide support during your build-out. Finally, we’ll help you host a grand opening and get a head start on building your customer base with our marketing support.
Our Competitive Advantages
There are so many reasons to own a grocery store with Save A Lot over other grocery store opportunities: our business model is built for it!
- Low-cost service model. We have a smaller footprint, so we focus on a limited assortment that two or three staff members can manage.
- Award-winning private label brands. We feature more than 50 high-quality, low-priced private brands.
- Limited assortment. An average Save A Lot carries 3,000 SKUs in comparison to other grocery store’s 60,000.
- Everyday low pricing strategy. Our buying power delivers market-leading everyday low prices.
- Neighborhood focus. Retail Partners are encouraged to stock products that are tailored to their diverse local communities.
- World-class distribution. Operating our own 13 dedicated distribution centers keeps our stores stocked.
- Brand reinvestment and growth. We’re reinvesting capital back into our stores with new prototype remodels and branding.
- Retail Partner-focused business model. We’re vested in the success of our Retail Partners, so we provide comprehensive training and ongoing support.
If you want to own a grocery store, Save A Lot can help you break into the booming grocery store industry with a comprehensive system to teach you virtually everything you need to know. From stocking your shelves to attracting new customers, we’ll help you work toward sustainable growth.
Contact Save A Lot today to learn more about how to own a grocery store business and all of the support that comes with it.