When looking at our discount grocery business opportunity, you’re probably wondering how Save A Lot can keep their prices so low. As the nation’s leading independent discount grocery chain, we’ve focused our licensing opportunity on value and convenience.
But how do we do it? Read on to learn more.
Discount Retail Business Model
We’re not your typical licensing opportunity. Discount grocery currently only accounts for 3 percent of the market share in the U.S., but this model is expected to grow exponentially amongst the highest growth rates in retail at 7 percent.
Save A Lot provides our Retail Partners with a highly efficient grocery store model that makes things simple. This efficient model results in lower overhead costs for Retail Partners, and unbeatable convenience and low prices for our customers.
When you invest in our discount retail business opportunity, we’ll provide you with everything you need to get up and running efficiently and effectively. Some of the valuable resources we provide include site selection support, operations and distribution support, a detailed operations manual, ongoing training as needed, and much more.
How Do We Keep Prices Low?
Save A Lot’s goal is to see our Retail Partners achieve their growth goals and build a thriving business. Our licensing opportunity business model is proven to be efficient and effective through our commitments to value, quality without compromise, and community.
So how does our discount retail business provide groceries like USDA-inspected meats, farm-fresh produce, pantry staples, cleaning supplies, other household essentials, and award-winning proprietary brands at such low prices?
- Low-cost Service Model. Our ultra-efficient operation model includes minimally-staffed shop floors, a limited assortment, and a smaller retail footprint with minimal backroom warehouse space.
- Award-winning Private Label Brands. We offer more than 50 high-quality, low-priced private brands that provide customers a better value for their money and better margins for our Retail Partners.
- Limited Assortment. Instead of up to 60,000 SKUs like a traditional retail grocery store, our discount retail business focuses on 3,000 items.
- Everyday Low Pricing (EDLP) Strategy. Our buying power of more than 1,000 stores delivers market-leading everyday low prices.
- Neighborhood Focus. At the heart of Save A Lot is our local community engagement. Our Retail Partners stock products tailored to their unique local communities, allowing them to better cater to their customers’ needs.
- World-class Distribution. We utilize 13 dedicated distribution centers to keep our stores stocked with a more efficient sourcing process. This efficiency allows us to pass on better margins to Retail Partners and better prices to our customers.
Brand Reinvestment and Growth
It’s great that Save A Lot is focused on providing our Retail Partners and customers alike with the best prices possible. But what do we do with the savings?
We recently refreshed our branding by introducing fresh prototype remodels and reinvesting capital into remodel assistance programs.
Save A Lot is focused on the success of our discount retail business Retail Partners and provides them with numerous support services to help them see strong returns.
Contact Save A Lot today to learn more about how to open a discount retail business and all of the support that comes with it.